3 day tour from fes to merzouga
Three days in the desert from Fes to Merzouga . Join us on an unforgettable tour and excursion with Berber natives and experience the desert in a way you’ve never seen it before
3 Days/2 Nights
- Crossing from Ifrane, the Switzerland of Morocco.
- Visit Azrou cedar forest and view the local apes.
- traversing the Ziz Valley.
- Taking a camel ride across the dunes.
- Enjoy the sights of Erg Chebbi and its magnificent sunset from the back of your camel.
- Spend the night in the Merzouga desert camp after enjoying a Berber meal under the stars.
- Merzouga sightseeing.
- Visite Fes.
the first day: Fes - Middle Atlas - Merzouga Desert
On the first day of our 3-day Fes to Marrakech via Sahara Desert Tour, our driver guide will meet you at your Fes accommodation about 7/8 a.m. and begin the journey over the Middle Atlas Mountains. We’ll make a pit stop at Ifrane, Morocco’s “Switzerland.” Then we continue our journey to Morocco’s largest cedar forest, near Azrou, where we will observe barbarian monkeys. Following that, we will head to Midelt for lunch.
Later in the afternoon, we’ll drive to the Sahara desert, over the Tizi N’talghoumte pass (1907m), passing through wonderful Berber settlements and taking in the panoramic view of the Ziz Valley, which is densely forested with thousands of palm trees.
Following that, we will arrive at Merzouga’s wonderful land of sand dunes (Erg-Chebbi), where you will begin your Camel Trekking Adventure to desert camp, crossing the stunning, unique orange-colored sand dunes. This is a magnificent experience where you may feed your spirit while watching the sunset from the middle of the dunes. Dinner and nights will be in camp, with local music playing by drumps, under zillions of stars.
the second day: EXPEDITION OF THE DESERT
After breakfast, we will begin our excursion around the Erg-Chebbi dunes. We will visit several interesting places in Merzouga. We’ll stop in Khamliya village to listen to African music (Gnawa) performed by people who are originally from the south of Africa. Then we’ll continue our desert road trip to the desert behind the Erg-Chebbi dunes. We’ll visit an abandoned village to witness the functioning fossil minerals, then drive to a nomadic Berber family to learn about their lifestyle.
We’ll return to Khamliya for a delicious lunch at a nearby restaurant. We’ll take a ride to Merzouga Lake in the afternoon. If we’re lucky, we’ll find it full of water and see some birds, such as ducks and flamingos. If not, we’ll have to find it even if it’s dry because we can see camel pasture. While we’re there, we can observe and learn about local palm farms, then we will drive back ahead riad.
the thirt day : MERZOUGA DESERT - ZIZ VALLEY - CEDAR FORESTS OF AZROU - FES
After breakfast, we start our last day to the north, through the Tafilalet palm grove. You’ll see thousands of palm trees along the 20km of road. This way leads us to the Ziz valley, where the river comes down from the high Atlas and feeds the palm grove. Here we make a stop and, from this high viewpoint, enjoy a magnificent view of the valley and the town of Aoufous. We make another stop in Midelt, just in the heart of the Atlas, where you’ll have free time for lunch and rest for a while.
In the afternoon, we continue our way through the Cedar Woods. If we are lucky, we’ll see some monkeys. The next place we’ll visit is the city of Ifrane, situated on the northwestern slope of the Middle Atlas at 1630 meters above sea level. Its broad avenues, its urban development with perfect cleanliness, the gardens, the green areas, and its architecture make this city look like a Swiss town. Ifrane feels misplaced in Morocco. That’s why it’s named the Moroccan Switzerland, and if that’s not enough, it has an important ski resort, Michlifen. At about 6 pm, we arrive at Fez, transfer to the hotel, and conclude our service.
know before you go
- The cost of the tour is based on the number of people in your group and the kind of accommodation you stay in during the trip.
- The drive back from Erg Chebbi to Marrakech or Fes on the last day is somewhat lengthy. Please prepare yourselves for it.
- A 4×4 vehicle can easily seat up to four adult guests. However, if your tour has more than five individuals, a van will be used.
- Local guides and (if applicable) entrance fees are not included. You make direct payments to suppliers for those.
- The pick-up time for your desert tour is negotiable. Between 07:30 and 08:00 AM is the best time.
- Thhe 3-day itinerary can be customized to be a 4-day Marrakech to Merzouga excursion with an additional night at Erg Chebbi, or halfway between Merzouga and Marrakech.